Kick-Ass admin!

• Administrators
  • 802 posts
  • 16 thanks
Excellent
  • LocationThe Land Of OZ

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:03 AM

Movie of the Year: Kick-Ass

Before we move forward, it's only fair that we take a look back at the 2010, the Year What Was...

Movie of the Year: Kick-Ass

Posted Image

Adam Barnett says:
Before I saw any comic-related movies, I had anticipated Iron Man 2 would walk away with the top spot. But there are two reasons it didn't: Kick-Ass was awesome, and Iron Man 2 was something of a letdown.

Since I'm probably going to get some dissenters in the comments, let me 'splain.

I didn't read the Kick-Ass mini prior to watching the movie. By the same token, I'm not a big Iron Man reader. So, I watched both movies with (as is often the case with most things in my life) no research done ahead of time.

Kick-Ass and Iron Man 2 both had great action sequences. Both were very well acted. In Kick-Ass, Chloe Moretz did an incredible job as the sweet-but-homicidal Hit Girl, while Nicolas Cage was clearly having the time of his life as Big Daddy. By the same token, Robert Downey Jr. did a fine job reprising his role as Tony Stark and Scarlett Johansson was an over-achieving standout as the Black Widow in Iron Man 2.

Where things split (and what made Kick-Ass a pleasant surprise and Iron Man 2 something of a letdown) was simply in the script. The first Iron Man was a lot of fun. It had humor, warmth, and a genuine sense of peril for the protagonist. In the second film, Tony Stark never really lost control of the situation and frankly, I was bored. It was a great exercise in CGI effects, to be sure, but the script of Iron Man 2 left me cold.

Conversely, the Kick-Ass movie actually had more characterization than the original source material. Yes, they should have left in the crucial info that (SPOILER ALERT) Big Daddy's origin was a total lie and he was really a bored accountant. But that notwithstanding, Kick-Ass was mesmerizing, while I actually nodded off during about fifteen minutes of Iron Man 2.

phar-lock-alessa.png

When you're hurt and scared for so long, the fear and pain turn to hate and the hate starts to change the world...All we ask for is satisfaction, Revenge.

Now is the End of Days, and I am the Reaper!

Facebook Comments

#2 OFFLINE   danerden

danerden

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • 16 thanks
Excellent

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:42 AM

For me "Tangled" best movie of the 2010 year because i love animation movie.......
LINKS REMOVED BY ADMIN

#3 OFFLINE   Michi

Michi

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • 0 thanks
Good

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:53 PM

I want to see the second part of the movie, i can't wait until 2012

#4 OFFLINE   Phar Lock

Phar Lock

Kick-Ass admin!

• Administrators
  • 802 posts
  • 0 thanks
Excellent
  • LocationThe Land Of OZ

Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:25 AM

I want to see the second part of the movie, i can't wait until 2012

yeah its so far off. but by 2012 can you imagine how good Chloe will be a martial arts :woot:

phar-lock-alessa.png

When you're hurt and scared for so long, the fear and pain turn to hate and the hate starts to change the world...All we ask for is satisfaction, Revenge.

Now is the End of Days, and I am the Reaper!

#5 OFFLINE   christinawhite099

christinawhite099

Banned

• Banned
  • 7 posts
  • 16 thanks
Excellent

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:16 AM

I din't saw this movie...I will see this movie definitely....
=========
link removed

#6 OFFLINE   KA_Fan

KA_Fan

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • 0 thanks
Good

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:54 AM

yeah its so far off. but by 2012 can you imagine how good Chloe will be a martial arts :woot:

That's only if she keeps training and continue with action movies...LOL So far, her recent movies didn't quite involve any training, so she's probably falling behind... :coffee:

pre_1370174352__sigpic267_1.gif